NAMI-SO Support Groups: all support groups are offered free-of-charge. You do not have to register, but some facilitators prefer you to contact them ahead of time, if specified below.
The Principles of Support
- We will see the individual first, not the illness.
- We recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers.
- We understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events.
- We aim for better coping skills
- We find strength in sharing experiences.
- We reject stigma and do not tolerate discrimination.
- We won’t judge anyone’s pain as less than our own.
- We forgive ourselves and reject guilt.
- We embrace humor as healthy.
- We accept we cannot solve all problems.
- We expect a better future in a realistic way.
- We will never give up hope.
Family Support Group (Jackson County) Ashland: for family members and loved ones of someone exoeriencing mental illness
First and third Wednesdays monthly, 6-7pm at Peace House, 543 S Mountain Ave. Ashland, OR.
Facilitated by Andra Hollenback 541-601-6421 Email: email@example.com
Family Support Group (Jackson County) Medford: for family members and loved ones of someone experiencing mental illness
Second and fourth Wednesdays monthly, 6-7:30 pm at Compass House, 332 W. Sixth Ave. Medford, OR.
Facilitated by Leslie Straus-Fowler 541-649-3445 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Support Group (Josephine County) Grants Pass: for family members and loved ones of someone experiencing mental illness
Second Mondays monthly, 6:30-7:30 pm at Options of Southern Oregon, Bldg on left, 1181 Ramsey Ave. Grants Pass, OR.
Facilitated by Marjie Wilkie
Marjie Wilkie: 541-660-9407 Email: email@example.com